Friday, May 28, 2010

Aunt Pam and Michele










Each year my aunt and cousin come down from New York to visit all of the family here. My kids love them to pieces and look forward to this because they get books from them and when they stay with us there are two more people to talk to and tell there thoughts too. Our guests are very kind to give them the attention they are looking for and with a few extra hands they don't always have to wait for mom. I try to think of something fun to do with them and this year we went to visit "Old Scottsdale". We ate lunch at Fudruckers -- because Michele loves her burgers and so do we, and then we looked in all the shops around the area. I was prepared for complaining and stuff but my kids LOVED it!! The boys were hilarious in all the art museums asking about the pictures and we got to look at lots of amazing art. My drawings are of stick people and rainbows and I am 30 so seeing something someone made out of some pain and a paintbrush is amazing to me -- the non artist! The boys all got to pick a rock at the rock store and they thought it was the best thing in the world. We walked around for hours and all of us had a great time. Plus, it was very "Arizona" for our New York visitors =). We only got through half of the shops so that will give us something to do next year. As always we had to stop at the train park for some rides and the kids dressed themselves that day so their outfits are quite "artistic", but we had a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment