Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Halloween Masterpieces!!!








Halloween started early at our house this year and I was sewing for a month to get things ready. It all started when I tried to think of something my boys could be together and knowing they love video games I tried to think of something "cool" for the big boys and still something for Payton to love. We ended up with Mario Brothers characters. I had some help from my neighbor who actually sews and from my Aunt Connie who can make things out of a pattern. I had to buy a pattern but really I just used a bit of trial and error to make these and it is something I am quite proud of! I never put myself into the "crafty" catergory so this was a big thing for me. I think they turned out pretty darn good too!! Jackson was Bowser, Spencer was Yoshi, and Payton stole the show (as always) as Mario.

2 comments:

  1. So I don't know why I am just noticing this post... Carson loves Mario. The outfits are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! I'm so sorry I never replied to your comment on my blog! I had kind of stopped blogging and didn't even notice your post. But it looks like your Yoshi costume turned out great!! For mine...I kind of meshed 3 patterns together and winged it. I was really proud of myself too! I also sewed a Mario costume that year for a friend. So cute!

    ReplyDelete